5406 Balcones Dr., 512/454-2666
Regulars and novices alike have been flocking to this bistro for 25 years running thanks to its wicked dessert options. Multiple gluten-free menu items mean everyone can go out for dinner.
The drama of the Chez Zee menu
Virginia B. Wood, July 8, 2004
Keep your eyes on the pies
Jessika Roth, Nov. 21, 2019
- 2006: Readers Best Brunch Crowd (TIE: Chez Zee, Austin Java Co.)
- 2006: Readers Best Desserts (TIE: Manuel's, Chez Zee)
- 2005: Readers Best Desserts
- 2004: Readers Best Signage (Chez Zee's New Sign)
- 2003: Readers Best Waitstaff
- 1997: Readers Best Dessert
Austin's favorite dreamy cream with an attitude. Employees are known for their irreverent wit and outrageous serving routines.
10000 Research #140, 512/886-5955
Cake balls: Not just for breakfast anymore. The menu here features appetizers, salads, entrées, soups, and desserts complemented by a well-chosen wine list, a selection of local craft beers in bottles, and a roster of custom cocktails.
3401 Esperanza Crossing #104, 512/215-3633
Sinking a hot-pink plastic spoon into workhorse standards like French Vanilla, Rocky Road, and Rainbow Sherbet, will make your taste buds think it's 1972 again.
12407 N. MoPac, 512/833-8800