5406 Balcones, 512/454-2666
Hours: Mon.-Thu., 11am-10pm; Fri., 11am-12mid; Sat., 9am-12mid; Sun., 9am-10pm
Regulars and novices alike have been flocking to this bistro for 25 years running thanks to its wicked dessert options. Multiple gluten-free menu items mean everyone can go out for dinner.
The drama of the Chez Zee menu
Virginia B. Wood, July 8, 2004
- 2006: Readers Best Brunch Crowd (TIE: Chez Zee, Austin Java Co.)
- 2006: Readers Best Desserts (TIE: Manuel's, Chez Zee)
- 2005: Readers Best Desserts
- 2004: Readers Best Signage (Chez Zee's New Sign)
- 2003: Readers Best Waitstaff
- 1997: Readers Best Dessert
Austin's favorite dreamy cream with an attitude. Employees are known for their irreverent wit and outrageous serving routines.
10000 Research #140, 512/345-1006
Cake balls: Not just for breakfast anymore. The menu here features appetizers, salads, entrées, soups, and desserts complemented by a well-chosen wine list, a selection of local craft beers in bottles, and a roster of custom cocktails.
3401 Esperanza Crossing #104, 512/215-3633
Sinking a hot-pink plastic spoon into workhorse standards like French Vanilla, Rocky Road, and Rainbow Sherbet, will make your taste buds think it's 1972 again.
12407 N. MoPac, 512/833-8800