Chron Events Interns will work with the Marketing Department and Chron Events team to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns; produce events; pitch and write content for blog posts; and promote The Austin Chronicle in the community. This internship is designed to provide exposure to the event planning process with a focus on on-site activations. You will organize and implement marketing tactics with a focus on social media. Creative content development plays a key role in this position, leaving room for new ideas and methods.
• Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about The Austin Chronicle
• Must love engaging with the Austin community
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide own smartphone and laptop
• Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time
Additional Skills (Not required)
• Experience writing and blogging, please provide links or examples of writing
• Photography and photo editing experience
• Brand ambassador or company representative experience
• Onsite event experience
• Schedule and organize social media posts (mix of assigned posts and original posts of your creation)
• Manage editorial calendar
• Monitor engagement with followers and favorite, re-tweet/reply when appropriate
• Write several blog posts a month (between 2 - 8 monthly)
• Assist with planning and logistics of The Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival and various promotional events.
Those who are interested should email their resume and brief letter of intent to email@example.com
The Austin Chronicle is no longer accepting Editorial intern applications for the Fall 2018 semester. Applications for the winter/spring session will open in early December.
The Food intern will work closely with the Food editor in developing online content ranging from industry news updates to restaurant profiles. Candidates should have a working knowledge of the hospitality industry and familiarity with the local culinary scene. Food photography skills welcome but not required.
Additional duties may include:
• Maintain and update restaurant guide
• Enter food events into calendar system
• Write 1 or more blog posts weekly – including hospitality news, "first looks" at new restaurants, and profiles of notables in the industry
• Help editor schedule, monitor, and organize social media promotion of section through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Familiarity with other platforms welcome
• Occasionally proof, research, and fact-check online content
Applicants should send a résumé, cover letter, and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: FOOD INTERN APPLICATION.
The Austin Chronicle marketing team is looking to add a few members to our street team. If you enjoy going out to events, seeing shows, and parading around festivals, then you may be a fit for our team.
The street team is an integral part of of the overall marketing and social media operations of the Austin Chronicle. The ideal candidate is sharp with an outgoing attitude willing to serve as an informed representative of the Austin Chronicle.
You will work with the marketing manager and fellow street team members to coordinate our presence at events and implement fun marketing campaigns. You'll be expected to attend concerts, movie screenings, and various exciting events happening around town.
This position is on a volunteer basis, paid with great fun and the opportunity to earn significant perks. The hours and time commitment are flexible. We want you to be out at events you will enjoy as often as possible!
Please fill out the street team application and let us know why you think you would be a great addition to the street team.
Information is power. Support the free press, so we can support Austin. Support the Chronicle