The Austin Chronicle seeks a motivated entry-level Public & Client Relations Executive to join our team. Focusing on growth and engagement, the ideal candidate will have both B2B & B2C marketing and public relations experience and an affinity for the unique role of our paper in the community.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Help define multi-channel marketing and community relations efforts
• Develop, nurture and scale local marketing initiatives including PR, strategic partnerships, community involvement and connections
• Responsible for developing relationships with media, clients, community and various interest groups to increase brand awareness
• Serve as the Austin Chronicle's point of contact responsible for press releases and other official communications
• Conceptualize new cross-promotional opportunities to promote both content and customers
• Assist with efforts of advertiser acquisition and retention
• Aid sales and marketing teams and senior staff with specific projects
• Two years pr/marketing/communications experience, preferably in media
• Thorough understanding of branding and marketing communications strategies and tactics
• Strong written communication and presentation skills
• Hands-on experience managing paid media campaigns
• Proficient with Mailchimp, Hootsuite, G-Suite and digital media platforms
• Able to maintain workload in a deadline-driven environment
No phone calls, please. EOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Email cover letter and resume to cfrazier at austinchronicle.com
The Austin Chronicle is no longer accepting Editorial intern applications for the Summer 2021 semester. If you've already applied, you should hear back from us by April 19.
Information is power. Support the free press, so we can support Austin. Support the Chronicle