The Marketing Intern will work with the Marketing Department to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns, events, and overall promotion of the Austin Chronicle. This internship is designed to provide exposure to the event planning process with a focus on on-site activations. You will organize and implement marketing tactics with a focus on social media. Creative content development plays a key role in this position, leaving room for new ideas and methods. Must be available Oct 6th - 8th, Oct 13th - 14th, and for our Best of Austin Events Nov. 2nd - 9th
• Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and additional expertise welcomed
• Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about the Austin Chronicle
• Must love engaging with the Austin community
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide own smartphone
• Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time
• Photography and videography skills are a plus, but not a requirement
• Schedule and organize social media posts (mix of assigned posts and original posts of your creation)
• Manage editorial calendar
• Monitor engagement with followers and favorite, re-tweet/reply when appropriate
• Contribute to weekly events newsletter
• Contribute 1-2 blog posts a month
• Assist with planning and logistics of The Austin Chronicle Best of Austin Party and various issue promotional events.
Those who are interested should email their resume and a brief letter of intent to email@example.com.
The Austin Chronicle marketing team is looking to add a few members to our street team. If you enjoy going out to events, seeing shows, and parading around festivals, then you may be a fit for our team.
The street team is an integral part of of the overall marketing and social media operations of the Austin Chronicle. The ideal candidate is sharp with an outgoing attitude willing to serve as an informed representative of the Austin Chronicle.
You will work with the marketing manager and fellow street team members to coordinate our presence at events and implement fun marketing campaigns. You'll be expected to attend concerts, movie screenings, and various exciting events happening around town.
This position is on a volunteer basis, paid with great fun and the opportunity to earn significant perks. The hours and time commitment are flexible. We want you to be out at events you will enjoy as often as possible!
Please fill out the street team application and let us know why you think you would be a great addition to the street team.