Interns will work with the Marketing Department to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns; produce events; pitch and write content for blog posts; and promote The Austin Chronicle in the community. This internship is designed to provide exposure to the event planning process with a focus on on-site activations. You will organize and implement marketing tactics with a focus on social media. Creative content development plays a key role in this position, leaving room for new ideas and methods.
Spring Interns must be available for all SXSW (March 8 -17, 2019), Austin Music Awards and Industry Awards (Feb 17 & 27, 2019), and for various evening/weekend events.
• Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about The Austin Chronicle
• Must love engaging with the Austin community
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide own smartphone and laptop
• Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time
Additional Skills (Not required)
• Experience writing and blogging, please provide links or examples of writing
• Photography and photo editing experience
• Brand ambassador or company representative experience
• Onsite event experience
• Schedule and organize social media posts (mix of assigned posts and original posts of your creation)
• Manage editorial calendar
• Monitor engagement with followers and favorite, re-tweet/reply when appropriate
• Write several blog posts a month (between 2 - 8 monthly)
• Assist with planning and logistics of The Austin Chronicle's Hair of the Three-Legged Dog SX Day Party and various promotional events.
Those who are interested should email their resume and brief letter of intent to email@example.com
The Austin Chronicle is no longer accepting Editorial intern applications for the winter/spring 2019 semester. Information about our summer internship will be posted in late March.
The photography intern will work closely with both Editorial and Production to develop professional skills and build a portfolio. As the bulk of the work will be in the field, applicants must have reliable transportation and their own equipment.
Applicants must be either 18 years old or have completed one semester of college. School credit available, and hours are flexible. Applicants do not need to be enrolled in college to participate in our internship program. This is an unpaid internship.
Applications for the Winter/Spring 2018 session are now closed. Email résumé, cover letter, and portfolio link with the subject "INTERNSHIP APPLICATION" to Art Director Jason Stout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Austin Chronicle marketing team is looking to add a few members to our street team. If you enjoy going out to events, seeing shows, and parading around festivals, then you may be a fit for our team.
The street team is an integral part of of the overall marketing and social media operations of the Austin Chronicle. The ideal candidate is sharp with an outgoing attitude willing to serve as an informed representative of the Austin Chronicle.
You will work with the marketing manager and fellow street team members to coordinate our presence at events and implement fun marketing campaigns. You'll be expected to attend concerts, movie screenings, and various exciting events happening around town.
This position is on a volunteer basis, paid with great fun and the opportunity to earn significant perks. The hours and time commitment are flexible. We want you to be out at events you will enjoy as often as possible!
Please fill out the street team application and let us know why you think you would be a great addition to the street team.
Information is power. Support the free press, so we can support Austin. Support the Chronicle