Chron Events Interns will work with the Marketing Department and Chron Events team to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns; produce events; pitch and write content for blog posts; and promote The Austin Chronicle in the community. This unpaid internship is designed to provide exposure to the event planning process with a focus on on-site activations. You will organize and implement marketing tactics with a focus on social media. Creative content development plays a key role in this position, leaving room for new ideas and methods.
Interns must be available for weekend of Hot Sauce Festival Aug. 25 - 26, 2018, and other Chronicle Events throughout the summer such as First Plates, Brisket Bracket, and Brew Tour.
• Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and additional expertise welcomed
• Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about The Austin Chronicle
• Must love engaging with the Austin community
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide own smartphone and laptop
• Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time
Additional Skills (Not Required):
• Experience writing and blogging, please provide links or examples of writing
• Photography and photo editing experience
• Brand ambassador or company representative experience
• Onsite event experience
• Schedule and organize social media posts (mix of assigned posts and original posts of your creation)
• Manage editorial calendar
• Monitor engagement with followers and favorite, re-tweet/reply when appropriate
Write several blog posts a month (between 2 - 8 monthly)
• Assist with planning and logistics of The Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival and various promotional events.
Those who are interested should email their résumé and a brief letter of intent to email@example.com.
The Chronicle is no longer accepting intern applications for the summer 2018 session. Check back in mid-summer for information on the fall session.
The Austin Chronicle offers unpaid Editorial internships in the fall, spring, and summer. School credit available, and hours are flexible. Interns are paired with one or more Editorial sections (News, Music, Food, Arts & Culture, Screens, Social Media, and Gay Place) and have the opportunity to work closely with editors, expand their writing portfolios, and gain first-hand experience with print and digital newsroom operations.
Applicants must be either 18 years old or have completed one semester of college. Applicants do not need to be enrolled in college to participate in our internship program.
The Austin Chronicle marketing team is looking to add a few members to our street team. If you enjoy going out to events, seeing shows, and parading around festivals, then you may be a fit for our team.
The street team is an integral part of of the overall marketing and social media operations of the Austin Chronicle. The ideal candidate is sharp with an outgoing attitude willing to serve as an informed representative of the Austin Chronicle.
You will work with the marketing manager and fellow street team members to coordinate our presence at events and implement fun marketing campaigns. You'll be expected to attend concerts, movie screenings, and various exciting events happening around town.
This position is on a volunteer basis, paid with great fun and the opportunity to earn significant perks. The hours and time commitment are flexible. We want you to be out at events you will enjoy as often as possible!
Please fill out the street team application and let us know why you think you would be a great addition to the street team.
Information is power. Support the free press, so we can support Austin. Support the Chronicle