The Food intern works closely with the Food editor in developing online content ranging from industry news updates to restaurant profiles. Candidates should have a working knowledge of the hospitality industry and familiarity with the local culinary scene. Food photography skills welcome but not required.
Additional duties may include:
• Maintain and update restaurant guide
• Enter food events into calendar system
• Write 1 or more blog posts weekly – including hospitality news, "first looks" at new restaurants, and profiles of notables in the industry
• Help editor schedule, monitor, and organize social media promotion of section through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Familiarity with other platforms welcome
• Occasionally proof, research, and fact-check online content
Applicants should send a résumé, cover letter, and three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject: FOOD INTERN APPLICATION.
The Austin Chronicle’s Qmmunity section – dedicated to all things LGBTQIA – seeks a fall intern. Strong writing and organizational skills required. Duties include: Helping to produce weekly event listings; reporting and feature writing; and promoting the Qmmunity section at select off-site events.
Interested? Email Qmmunity editor Sarah Marloff – subject: “QMMUNITY INTERN APPLICATION” – with the following materials: a resume, 3 writing samples, and a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for Qmmunity.
This is an unpaid internship.
Interns will work with the Marketing Department team to develop and implement unique marketing campaigns; produce events; pitch and write content for blog posts; and promote The Austin Chronicle in the community. This unpaid internship is designed to provide exposure to the event planning process with a focus on on-site activations. You will organize and implement marketing tactics with a focus on social media. Creative content development plays a key role in this position, leaving room for new ideas and methods.
Spring interns must be available for the Austin Music Awards on March 11, 2020; during South by Southwest Fri, Mar 13, 2020 – Sun, Mar 22, 2020; and the First Plates Awards in May. Interns may also be asked to work other promotional events on evenings and weekends for the Chronicle throughout the course of the semester.
• Proficiency with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• Outgoing and comfortable with crowds/speaking to others about The Austin Chronicle
• Must love engaging with the Austin community
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must provide own smartphone and laptop
• Available to attend and assist with events on weekends and evenings from time-to-time • Experience copywriting or blogging, please provide links or examples of writing
Additional Skills (Not required)
• Photography and photo editing experience
• Brand ambassador or company representative experience
• Onsite event experience
• Schedule and organize social media posts (mix of assigned posts and original posts of your creation)
• Monitor engagement with followers and favorite, re-tweet/reply when appropriate
• Write 2-4 blog posts a month
• Assist with planning and logistics of The Austin Music Awards and various promotional events throughout the spring semester.
Applications for the Spring 2020 session will be accepted through December 16, 2019, with an expected start date of January 7, 2020.
Those who are interested should email their resume and brief letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information is power. Support the free press, so we can support Austin. Support the Chronicle