There's a Seat for Everybody at This Table
Everyday Paleo Pumpkin PieGluten-free*
Adapted from www.everydaypaleo.com
Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 45 min.
½ cup hazelnuts
1 cup pecans
4 tablespoons coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the nuts in a food processor and process until they reach the consistency of almond meal or coarse flour.
3) Transfer to a small bowl, add the butter and salt, and stir until it comes together into a thick dough.
4) Press evenly into a pie plate and bake for 10 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and set aside.
1 14-ounce can of organic pumpkin purée
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
½ cup Grade B maple syrup
½ cup coconut milk
1) Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2) Pour into the prepared crust.
3) Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
*This recipe was initially identified as vegan. It is not.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com