There's a Seat for Everybody at This Table
When I reached out to my family member who was recently diagnosed celiac for a gluten-free dessert idea, she sent this adjusted recipe. I love it because it is that home-style cooking I missed through all those years of not participating completely in family meals and a great reminder that with all the new gluten-free flour and bake-mix options, you can make and enjoy almost any dish again.
1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix
1 box (3-ounce) Raspberry Jell-O
½ cup strawberries chopped fine
½ cup water
¾ cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons gluten-free flour
1) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2) Pour into greased Bundt pan.
3) Bake 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
4) Allow to cool before icing.
½ stick butter, softened
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
1½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup strawberries, chopped fine
1 tablespoon milk
1) Blend cream cheese, butter, and milk with hand mixer.
2) Slowly add powdered sugar, then fold in strawberries.
3) Ice the cake after it cools.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org