The AggreGAYtor: August 28
Your daily dose of LGBTQ news
By Brandon Watson, 11:20AM, Tue. Aug. 28, 2012
Matthew Mitcham roams if he want to, Fox News trolls the Romney sons, and Lady Gaga records in the buff. Today’s AggreGAYtor is preparing for the coming storm.
• After a soggy start, the 2012 Gathering of the Smugalos kicks into full swing today.
• Florida gay conservatives welcome conventioneers to the Rusty Pelican. Surely that must be some sort of sexual euphemism.
Dogg Lion is ready to embrace a gay rapper.
• Prop 8 creator nabbed for DUI.
• Prominent anti-gay activist admits to sexual assault of boys.
• Fox and Friends welcomes Romney clan with "It’s Raining Men." As long as the producers are trolling, the AggreGAYtor recommends using the Village People for the next Marcus Bachmann interview.
• Egyptian LGBTQ magazine "Ehna" is forced to shut down due to security concerns.
• French President Francois Hollande carries out marriage equality pledge.
• LGBTQ protesters are gearing up for huge food fight at Chick-fil-A kickoff game.
• Olympic wet dream Matthew Mitcham debuts new mash-up.
• Ira Levin’s estate revokes rights for Los Angeles production of “deathtrap” for gay content.
• California Assembly moves third parent rights bill forward.
• The Orange County Register adds insult to injury by calling transgender robbery victims "men dressed as women."
• That Lady Gaga, she’s so provocative.
• Pussy Riot distance themselves from Femen topless cross cutting stunt.
• Tyler Clementi's parents leave church over homophobic beliefs.
• Everybody’s talkin’ all this stuff about her. Why can’t they just let her live?
• Local artist Jo Ann Santangelo debuts new re-edit of Austin Faces AIDS project.