The AggreGAYtor: September 28
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson,
2:00PM, Fri. Sep. 28, 2012
Chris Kluwe shakes them haters off, JK Rowling tries a little tenderness, and Honey Boo Boo’s love is the drug. Today’s AggreGAYtor is playing musical chairs.
• New York issues meningitis health alert to MSMs and, uh, gay guys.
• Minnesota Viking’s über-ally Chris Kluwe is taking homophobic hate mail in stride.
• Speaking of allies, smoldering rugger bugger Ben Cohen launches anti-homophobia magazine.
• Yunel Escobar, failed Covergirl Shadowblast shill, is greeted with boos upon returning to baseball.
• Continuing in the wide world of sports, students at the University of Virginia inject no homo into their fight song.
• Irrepressible scamp Bryan Fischer warns that pedophilia will be on the rise because of the DADT repeal. The AggreGAYtor is shocked to find out they now allow children to enlist.
• Wealthy muggle JK Rowling’s new book amps up the queer.
• If you want to start your weekend with your faith in humanity destroyed, mosey on to nohomophobes.com for a real-time log of homophobic tweets. TGIF!
• Macerated prune Linda Harvey blames gay rights for economic collapse, accuses gays of being the “rotten fruit of ungodly values.” The AggreGAYtor mulls over including that phrase in his byline.
• Target introduces bondage suit for the thrifty fetishist.
• Kinsey fellow Honey Boo Boo reveals the findings from her year’s long survey of human sexuality.
• Barney Frank was not impressed by pot brownies.
• Former Chick-fil-A employee speaks out against company.
• Gays and lesbians buy things says marketing experts.
• Charlie Walker, the Nebraskan lesbian who cried wolf, is on trial for hate-crime shenanigans.
• Gay dating app takes Facebook to task for gay squeamishness.
• Celebrated Olympic track star Paul Ryan thinks gay marriage is not an American value.
• Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is fighting ruling in inmate gender reassignment surgery case.
• Richland Hills woman who choked gay neighbor may face hate-crime charges.
• GetEqual will be holding a March Against Hate this Saturday in response to Pride weekend bashing.
• You go, Austin City Council!
David Estlund, June 1, 2015
David Estlund, May 29, 2015
Sept. 15, 2017
Sept. 8, 2017
News, Honey Boo Boo, Gay Men's Health, HIV/AIDS, Chris Kluwe, Ben Cohen, Yunel Escobar, University of Virginia, Homophobia in Sports, Bryan Fischer, American Family Association, Don't Ask Don't Tell, JK Rowling, Homophobia, Twitter, Hate Speech, Hate Crime, Jimmy Jam, Shock Jocks, Target