The Hays County Commissioners Court set a final public hearing on its draft 2025 Multi-Corridor Transportation Plan for Monday, Nov. 8, at 2pm, although it’s still uncertain whether the final document will include the controversial roadway extension of MoPac south to San Marcos.

The MoPac segment was the main target for opponents of the plan, who felt the extension would spur large-scale development for commuters to Austin. Hundreds of residents turned out at four public meetings to protest the plan, which will be presented to the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) as official input for its own 2025 plan.

Hays County Judge Jim Powers says he still needs to consult with individual commissioners regarding their suggested changes to the document, which was originally presented to the commissioners court at its Sept. 16 meeting but was tabled after protesters said they had been given no opportunity for public input.

Powers says it’s likely, however, that changes to the plan will be presented at the Monday hearing.

A note to readers: Bold and uncensored, The Austin Chronicle has been Austin’s independent news source for over 40 years, expressing the community’s political and environmental concerns and supporting its active cultural scene. Now more than ever, we need your support to continue supplying Austin with independent, free press. If real news is important to you, please consider making a donation of $5, $10 or whatever you can afford, to help keep our journalism on stands.