- Follow us@AustinChronicle
InternshipsThe Austin Chronicle occasionally has nonpaying internship opportunities in Editorial, Production, Advertising, and Marketing. Internships vary in scope, ranging from 1-2 hour slots per week to greater commitments... from short-term projects, to those of longer duration.
Hundreds of people apply. So to make the best impression, please heed these simple guidelines:
* Please mail or email a cover letter stating your intentions and interests along with a résumé and samples of your work (writing, art, photos, ad projects, social media experience, etc.) to:
Kate Messer, Internship Director
The Austin Chronicle
PO Box 49066
Austin, TX 78765
* Your cover letter should detail your time limitations or choice of hours and desired time frame of internship. (For example: "I am interested in a summer internship for 2013 and am available to work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, noon-4pm.")
* Please do not call or email to check on the status of your application, unless you have first received an initial reply from the director.
* Please do not call or email other editors or principals at The Austin Chronicle to check on the status of your query. That would be really uncool.
Thank you very much for your interest in our program. Good luck!