The AggreGAYtor: September 28
Your daily dose of LGBTQIA news
By Brandon Watson, 2:00PM, Fri. Sep. 28, 2012
Chris Kluwe shakes them haters off, JK Rowling tries a little tenderness, and Honey Boo Boo’s love is the drug. Today’s AggreGAYtor is playing musical chairs.
• New York issues meningitis health alert to MSMs and, uh, gay guys.
• Minnesota Viking’s über-ally Chris Kluwe is taking homophobic hate mail in stride.
• Speaking of allies, smoldering rugger bugger Ben Cohen launches anti-homophobia magazine.
• Yunel Escobar, failed Covergirl Shadowblast shill, is greeted with boos upon returning to baseball.
• Continuing in the wide world of sports, students at the University of Virginia inject no homo into their fight song.
• Irrepressible scamp Bryan Fischer warns that pedophilia will be on the rise because of the DADT repeal. The AggreGAYtor is shocked to find out they now allow children to enlist.
• Wealthy muggle JK Rowling’s new book amps up the queer.
• If you want to start your weekend with your faith in humanity destroyed, mosey on to nohomophobes.com for a real-time log of homophobic tweets. TGIF!
• Macerated prune Linda Harvey blames gay rights for economic collapse, accuses gays of being the “rotten fruit of ungodly values.” The AggreGAYtor mulls over including that phrase in his byline.
• Target introduces bondage suit for the thrifty fetishist.
• Kinsey fellow Honey Boo Boo reveals the findings from her year’s long survey of human sexuality.
• Barney Frank was not impressed by pot brownies.
• Former Chick-fil-A employee speaks out against company.
• Gays and lesbians buy things says marketing experts.
• Charlie Walker, the Nebraskan lesbian who cried wolf, is on trial for hate-crime shenanigans.
• Gay dating app takes Facebook to task for gay squeamishness.
• Celebrated Olympic track star Paul Ryan thinks gay marriage is not an American value.
• Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick is fighting ruling in inmate gender reassignment surgery case.
• Richland Hills woman who choked gay neighbor may face hate-crime charges.
• GetEqual will be holding a March Against Hate this Saturday in response to Pride weekend bashing.
• You go, Austin City Council!