When I reached out to my family member who was recently diagnosed celiac for a gluten-free dessert idea, she sent this adjusted recipe. I love it because it is that home-style cooking I missed through all those years of not participating completely in family meals and a great reminder that with all the new gluten-free flour and bake-mix options, you can make and enjoy almost any dish again.
1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cake Mix
1 box (3-ounce) Raspberry Jell-O
½ cup strawberries chopped fine
½ cup water
¾ cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons gluten-free flour
1) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2) Pour into greased Bundt pan.
3) Bake 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
4) Allow to cool before icing.
½ stick butter, softened
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
1½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup strawberries, chopped fine
1 tablespoon milk
1) Blend cream cheese, butter, and milk with hand mixer.
2) Slowly add powdered sugar, then fold in strawberries.
3) Ice the cake after it cools.
Copyright © 2016 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.