An MLS playoff update, and more
1) It's the Aggies, people. We must defeat them.
2) (Well, it's also the last home game; ergo, if you're only going to one, well )
3) The Horns will be trying to set a school record with their 15th win of the season.
4) And to extend a six-game win streak.
5) It's the Aggies, and they're No. 5 nationally.
6) That's where No. 10 UT could be, if they win.
7) It's the last home game for seven seniors.
8) It's the Aggies, and we need to show them we can fill a stadium, too.
9) Get in for $1; see austinchronicle.com/soccer.
10) Did I mention it's the Aggies?
It's all happening 7pm Friday, Mike Myers Stadium; 5:30pm Fan Fest for kids and the childlike.
An I-45 series in the MLS playoffs? We'll find out this weekend, as both Dallas and Houston try to advance. In last week's first round first leg, it was:
East: NY Red Bulls 0, DC United 1; Chicago Fire 1, N.E. Revolution 0
West: Colorado 1, FC Dallas 2; Chivas 2, Houston Dynamo 1
One game on TV: New York at DC United, on ESPN2 at 5pm Sunday, Oct. 29.