Sarah Jane's Top 10 Films of 2022
1) Bones and All Gorgeous, grotesque, glorious. I didn't have Chalamet dancing to Kiss on my bingo card.
2) Nope I can't stop thinking about this picture all these months later. Peele & co., tremendous work.
3) Moonage Daydream Dazzling and dizzying, just stunning. Plus, my kiddo is now obsessed with Bowie.
4) Everything Everywhere All at Once Ke Huy Quan should be a superstar by now. Michelle Yeoh is a goddess.
5) The Fabelmans I'm a sucker for films about filmmaking. I smell an Oscar for Williams.
6) TÁR If anyone can beat Williams, it's Blanchett. What a powerhouse performance.
7) Pearl A Lynchian Technicolor nightmare, what's not to love? Goth's monologue alone deserves something. Jesus.
8) Flux Gourmet Peter Strickland is one weird fucker, and I am here for it.
9) Is That Black Enough for You?!? Elvis Mitchell's doc is a must-see. Get your pencils ready to make a list.
10) Jackass Forever Holy shit did we need this movie this year! So pure. I heart Danger Ehren.
Near Misses: Triangle of Sadness, The Menu, The Bob's Burgers Movie
Most Overrated: The Northman, Elvis
Most Underrated: Emily the Criminal; Good Luck to You, Leo Grande; Three Thousand Years of Longing
Wild Card: Gimme more weird stuff starring people like Andrea Riseborough and Harry Melling.
Best Director: Luca Guadagnino (Bones and All), Jordan Peele (Nope), Brett Morgen (Moonage Daydream)
Acting Kudos (Male): Daniel Kaluuya (Nope), Ke Huy Quan (Everything Everywhere All at Once), Ralph Fiennes (The Menu)
Acting Kudos (Female): Cate Blanchett (TÁR), Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All at Once), Mia Goth (Pearl)
TV Series/Event: Andor was the gift that kept on giving this year. Episode 10, Andy Serkis, holy shit!
Worst Film: A tie between Redeeming Love and The Day the Music Died: The Story of Don McLean's American Pie. Both absolute trash.
The Little Film That Could: The Wonder. Pugh can do no wrong!