How to Contact the Austin Tenants' Council
Operating under the philosophy that everyone has a right to safe, decent, fair, and affordable housing, the Austin Tenants' Council fulfills thousands of requests each year for help with housing problems. ATC programs focus on housing discrimination; tenant-landlord education and information; and housing repair and rehabilitation.
The Austin Tenants' Council is available to assist Travis and Williamson County residents with the following services:
• Telephone counseling via our counseling hotline: 512/474-1961
• In-office counseling by appointment
• Crisis mediation with landlords, in case of emergencies such as illegal eviction, lockout, utility shut-off, or improper seizure of personal property that threatens housing
• Home visits and assistance in seeking repairs or other remedies for issues that threaten tenant health or safety
• Fair housing and discrimination complaints
Services are provided free or for very low cost, based on income eligibility.
Austin Tenants' Council1640-B E. Second #150
Austin, TX 78702