The PARD Aquatic Division operates 50 public pool facilities – among them seven Municipal Pools, including Barton Springs, and 29 Neighborhood Pools.
• Municipal Pools are open year-round, and charge an admission fee ($1-4, with various discount passes available).
• Neighborhood Pools are free, but are open only in the summer, except the year-round Big Stacy Pool. Most are open June 8 through Aug. 22, 8am-8pm weekdays, and 11am-8pm weekends, with reserved times on weekdays for lessons, teams, and lap swimmers. Seven (*) have a slightly shorter schedule: June 15-Aug. 16, and 1-8pm daily (with the exception of Dottie Jordan, 11am-8pm).
• Five facilities are currently closed for the summer season or indefinitely: Palm, Kealing, and St. John's pools, plus the Liz Carpenter splash pad at Auditorium Shores, and the Odom wading pool.
• All pools will be closed for one day a week throughout most of the summer.
• Aquatics also operates 10 Splash Pads, open 9am-8pm daily, throughout the season.
• See pool & splash pad schedules, plus additional information on pool operations, at www.austintexas.gov/pools.
Copyright © 2022 Austin Chronicle Corporation. All rights reserved.