Godzillatron vs. Megacuts
Fri., April 2, 2010
Along with the changes in store for its home at Memorial Stadium, the Godzillatron at the south end zone will also be repurposed. Here are some ideas:
• Traffic, weather, and Amber Alert notifications
• As preparation for health insurance reform, teleconferenced medical exam between a doctor and 100,000 uninsured Texans in stands
• Display the rising combined debt of UT and its students
• Rent it out to the Alamo Drafthouse for screenings of Mad Men and Lost, etc.
• Sex ed. videos as provided by YouPorn
*Oops! The following correction ran in the April 9, 2010 issue: Due to editorial confusion, we mistakenly reported last week that the University of Texas was ending its football program (and all athletics programs), that the city of Austin would henceforth subsidize UT football, that several UT football players were transferring to other universities, and that Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium would be repurposed for academic functions and additional parking. We have since learned that we were mistaken. We apologize for any inconvenience and promise to never, ever, ever, make similar mistakes again – at least until April 1, 2011.
Got something to say? The Chronicle welcomes opinion pieces on any topic from the community. Submit yours now at austinchronicle.com/opinion.