The Making of an Endorsement
10/16/08 7:59 AM
Strange bedfellows on Prop. 2, indeed ...
"We're very happy that the Democrats and the AFL-CIO are coming around to seeing that laissez faire economics is the way to go." -- Carl Tepper, TCRP
10/16/08 12:00 PM
Yeah, should we run an endorsement breakdown in the next issue?
0/16/08 1:18 PM
I thought we already had: It's called "their very big advert."
10/16/08 1:59 PM
Yeah, but it seems kind of unfair to leave it so one-sided.
Surely we should list all our allies:
* Real Estate Council of Austin
* Downtown Austin Neighborhood Association
* Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
* Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
* Austin Chronicle
* Travis County Commissioner Gerald Daugherty
* Former Austin Mayor Bruce Todd
* Former Austin Mayor Lee Cooke
* Former Austin Mayor Roy Butler
* Former Austin Mayor Pro Tem Betty Dunkerley
* Former Austin City Council Member Ronney Reynolds
* Former Austin City Council Member Lowell Lebermann