The Year That Wasn't
Top 20 G.W. Bushisms (We couldn't stop at just 10)1. "If I'm the president, we're going to have emergency-room care, we're going to have gag orders."
2. "It's one thing about insurance, that's a Washington term."
3. "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."
4. "We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile."
5. "I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read -- I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do."
6. "There's not going to be enough people in the system to take advantage of people like me."
7. "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
8. "I understand small business growth. I was one."
9. "If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
10. "We ought to make the pie higher."
11. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
12. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
13. "If the East Timorians decide to revolt, I'm sure I'll have a statement."
14. "Keep good relations with the Grecians."
15. "Kosovians can move back in."
16. "It was just inebriating what Midland was all about then."
17. "The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."
18. "The important question is, How many hands have I shaked?"
19. "Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"
20. "I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating."