- Students in 5th, 8th, and 12th grades are eligible to stay at their old schools.
- 11th graders reassigned from one existing high school to another existing high school are eligible to stay at their old schools.
- To save on driving time for parents, younger siblings of 5th, 8th, and 12th graders can stay at their old schools until their older siblings finish their careers there.
- No transportation will be provided by the district for students choosing to stay at their old schools.
- Upon completing the last grades offered at their current campuses, grandfathered students must attend their newly assigned middle schools or high schools.
- As always, any student wishing to attend any school other than their assigned one, can apply for a transfer. There were 9,728 requests for school transfers last year, and 97% were approved. Parents may appeal denials. The deadline for fall transfer applications is July 1.