Hideout Theatre & Coffeehouse
617 Congress, 512/476-1313
Downtown Austin's oldest indie coffee house also boasts two theatres, one upstairs, one downstairs, that play hosts to films, stand-up, performance art, and bands. With tasty treats and a great view of the Congress goings-on, this storefront gathering spot is a major find.
- 2015: Readers Best Club for Teen Performers (The Hideout)
- 2015: Critics Best Kid-Friendly Theatre (Flying Theater Machine)
- 2012: Critics Best Banana Frappe Dizzle (The Hideout Coffeehouse)
- 2011: Critics Best Content-Rich Venue Website Update (The Hideout)
- 2011: Critics Best Barest, Bravest Show Run (Live Nude Improv)
- 2009: Critics Best Creative Takeover of a Downtown Performance Venue (The Hideout Theatre)
- 2006: Critics Best It's a Gallery as Well? (The Hideout Coffeehouse)
- 2005: Critics Best Return to Form (The Improv Revival)
Cozy upscale coffeeshop in the LINE Hotel Downtown
111 E. Cesar Chavez, 512/478-9611
Located in the Waller Creek Boathouse, this cafe serves coffee, wine, smoothies, and a small food menu along with terrific views of Lady Bird Lake and the hike & bike trail.
74 Trinity, 512/499-0470
Beyond the necessary hot cup o' joe, Austin Java offers an array of sustenance plus luscious desserts to get you back on the move on a cold day.
301 W. Second, 512/481-9400