The County Line Bar-B-Q
6500 Bee Caves Rd., 512/327-1742
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 11:30am-2pm, 5pm-9pm; Sat., 11:30am-9:30pm; Sun., 11:30am-9pm
This place will bring you big platters of sweetly sauced beef ribs, tender brisket, and peppery sausage with all the trimmings until you tell the waiter to please stop.
- 2014: Critics Best Turtle Bonding (County Line on the Lake)
- 1995: Readers Best Barbecue
- 1995: Critics Best Place To Go Fossil-hunting
- 1994: Readers Best Barbecue
- 1993: Readers Best Barbecue
- 1991: Readers Best Barbecue
Best known for chicken and ribs, this place also serves up sides such as macaroni and cheese, fried okra, and onion rings.
11416 FM 620 N, 512/250-8844
Bite down into some of the juiciest ribs, chicken, brisket, and tenderloin around at the closest family-style barbecue to the fairgrounds. This place also serves a mean breakfast.
7001 Oak Meadow Dr., 512/288-4060
Frankie Hoch started with a modified propane tank welded onto a trailer. Now he and his partners are mopping meat for Travis County barbecue fans, who say it's all good.
22112 Hwy. 71, 512/264-1744