Sweetish Hill Bakery & Cafe
1120 W. Sixth, 512/472-1347
This well-loved institution has earned its reputation with excellent cakes and pastries. The lunch offerings – great soups and sandwiches on fresh-baked bread – don't disappoint either.
- 2004: Critics Best Brake/Break (Local Eateries Serving Lunch to Road Crews on Sixth & Lamar)
- 2000: Critics Best Croissant
- 1999: Critics Best Misplaced Modifier
- 1998: Readers Best Bakery
- 1995: Readers Best Bakery
- 1995: Readers Best Bakery, Pastries
- 1995: Critics Best Return To Form
- 1994: Readers Best Bakery, Pastries
- 1993: Critics Best Loaf
- 1991: Readers Best Custom Cakes
- 1990: Readers Best Custom Cakes
Coffee, espresso, and cold brew? Naturally. But also, handmade pastries and … superbuns!
401 Orchard, 512/350-2084
A small bakery with a variety of classic sweets. Serves seasonal breads, croissants, sugar buns and more.
1515 W. 35th St., Building C, 512/675-4949