Sugar Mama's Bakeshop
1905-A S. First, 512/448-3727
Bustling south Austin shop delivers a rotating cast of delicious and whimsical cupcakes and dessert bars made from the highest-quality ingredients.
Sugar Mama's Bakeshop East moves beyond the cupcake
Virginia B. Wood, October 23, 2014
Olivia O'Neal uses only the freshest ingredients for her delicious cupcakes
Kate Thornberry, November 6, 2008
Keep your eyes on the pies
Jessika Roth, Nov. 21, 2019
- 2022: Readers Birthday Cakes
- 2019: Readers Desserts
- 2019: Readers Birthday Cakes
- 2018: Readers Birthday Cakes
- 2017: Readers Best Desserts
- 2017: Readers Best Birthday Cakes
- 2016: Readers Best Desserts
- 2015: Readers Best Birthday Cakes (TIE: Capital City Bakery; Sugar Mama's)
- 2014: Readers Best Bakery (TIE: Upper Crust; Sugar Mama's)
- 2014: Readers Best Birthday Cakes (Sugar Mama's)
- 2011: Readers Best Birthday Cakes
- 2011: Readers Best Sweets/Goodies
Making Vietnamese cuisine with grass-fed meats, eggs from pastured chickens, locally grown organic produce, and seafood fresh from the Gulf makes us happy, but not as happy as the dreamy drip coffee served iced or hot.
1501 S. First, 512/291-2881
The wide selection of inexpensive pan dulces, empanadas, and galletas is available 24/7, just like the taqueria menu. Get the tres leches cake on your way out.
1924 S. First, 512/443-6369
This petite Parisian bakery and coffee shop specializes in French pastries: croissants, pain au chocolat, almond and pear brioche, rose and citron madeleines, chouquettes, financiers, palmiers, chocolate and coffee éclairs, mille-feuille, tarte tatins, and gâteaux, as well as more than two dozen flavors of macaron.
602 W. Annie, 512/912-0033