1600 E. Sixth
Photo by John Anderson
Frequently named the best noodle purveyors in town, the Ramen Tatsu-ya team has perfected Japanese soul food. This original location is where the magic all started.
- 2019: Readers Noodles/Ramen
- 2018: Readers Noodles/Ramen
- 2017: Readers Best Noodles/Ramen
- 2016: Readers Best Noodles/Ramen
- 2015: Readers Best Noodles/Ramen
- 2014: Readers Best Noodles/Ramen (TIE: Michi Ramen; Ramen Tatsu-Ya)
- 2013: Readers Best Pho/Noodles
Patio bar serving up highballs and Japanese curry next door to Ramen Tatsu-ya's East Austin location.
1600-B E. Sixth
Former Musashino chef Kazu Fukumoto's namesake izakaya features classic sushi, tempura, and yakitori. Saké and an unexpected beer list keep things rowdy.
514 Medina, 512/770-6880
Eclectic izakaya from the owners of Ramen Tatsu-Ya incorporates elements of the Texas smokehouse. The "hot pocketz" are not to be missed.
2713 E. Second, 512/893-5561