P. Terry's Burger Stand
515 Congress, 512/473-8722
Here you'll find burgers fashioned from hormone- and antibiotic-free Black Angus beef, all-natural ground chicken breast, fresh-cut fries, and milkshakes. There is no drive-through at this location.
- 2022: Readers Drive-Through
- 2022: Readers Veggie Burger
- 2022: Readers Milkshakes
- 2021: Readers Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2021: Readers Burger (P. Terry’s)
- 2019: Readers Drive-Through
- 2018: Readers Drive-Through
- 2017: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2015: Readers Best Cure for the Munchies (P. Terry's)
- 2009: Readers Best Cheap Date (P. Terry's)
- 2008: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2006: Critics Best Corner Revamp (Barton Springs Saloon/P.Terry's Burger Stand)
Casino el Camino is famous for huge, juicy burgers with a variety of toppings and excellent hot dogs smothered in chili. Vegetarian options are available, and there's a fabulous jukebox, too.
517 E. Sixth, 512/469-9330
All of the grass-fed beef comes directly from the ranch that once belonged to Svante Magnus Swenson. The Black and Bleu Bevo Burger sounds like a winner to us.
74 Rainey, 973/943-1264
Counter-service breakfast and lunch, plus a soup and salad bar, keeps legislators and visitors alike well fed inside the Texas State Capitol's Capitol Extension building.
Room E1.002, 1100 Congress, 512/305-8400