P. Terry's Burger Stand
8515 Burnet Rd., 512/420-9242
Hours: Mon.-Thu., 7am-1am
- 2019: Readers Drive-Through
- 2018: Readers Drive-Through
- 2017: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2015: Readers Best Cure for the Munchies (P. Terry's)
- 2009: Readers Best Cheap Date (P. Terry's)
- 2008: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2006: Critics Best Corner Revamp (Barton Springs Saloon/P.Terry's Burger Stand)
The longest continuously operated Drafthouse, the Alamo Drafthouse Village opened in 2001 on Anderson Lane before Anderson Lane was cool. The four-screen cinema specializes in first-run features, with Sony 4K digital projection allowing for both RealD 3D and 48 FPS screenings. Plus, with much of the American Genre Film Archive stored here, it also has 35mm screenings. A recent revamp added new padded chairs and shared tables for food and drink from the Drafthouse’s extensive menu delivered during screenings, and a new patio adds outdoor drinking from the bar.
2700 W. Anderson #701, 512/861-7030
You could theoretically stay here all day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Daily hot plate specials include meat loaf with Creole sauce and pork loin over cornbread dressing. Expect a wait for weekend brunch.
5222 Burnet Rd., 512/467-9552
This is the kind of place you pass by without noticing. Next time you shop on West Anderson, stop in for a great prime rib or a filling, fresh Thai steak salad.
2408 W. Anderson, 512/451-7333