More Home Slice
1421 S. Congress, Austin, 78704, 512/444-7437
Hours: Sun.-Thu., 11am-11pm; Fri.-Sat., 11am-3am
Homemade, hand-tossed New York-style pizza ready for takeout here.
- 2017: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice Pizza)
- 2016: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice Pizza)
- 2015: Readers Best Pizza (TIE: Via 313; Home Slice)
- 2014: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice)
- 2013: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice)
- 2011: Readers Best Cheap Date (Home Slice)
- 2008: Readers Best Cheap Date (TIE: Home Slice Pizza, Alamo Drafthouse)
- 2006: Critics Best Italian Renaissance (Austin's Pizza and Gelato Explosion)
This pizza has some crispness and a little char on the bottom from the oven, but the slices are still flexible with some chewiness. The menu is small: a few signature pizzas such as a Margherita, a Hot Honey, and one with kale, plus weekly specials.
1502 S. First, 512/566-8321
It's not just about beer, although they are brewing up some of the best pils and IPAs in Central Texas. It's also about the sophisticated pizza. You can't beat the one with Gulf oysters.
1305 W. Oltorf, 512/298-2242
These hand-tossed pies are made in an indie neighborhood place so serious about New York-style pizza that the owners take the employees to the Big Apple to experience the real thing.
1415 S. Congress, 512/444-7437