More Home Slice
1421 S. Congress, 512/444-7437
Hours: Sun.-Thu., 11am-11pm; Fri.-Sat., 11am-3am
Homemade, hand-tossed New York-style pizza ready for takeout here.
- 2018: Critics Best Use of Hill Country (Home Slice (North Loop))
- 2017: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice Pizza)
- 2016: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice Pizza)
- 2015: Readers Best Pizza (TIE: Via 313; Home Slice)
- 2014: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice)
- 2013: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice)
- 2011: Readers Best Cheap Date (Home Slice)
- 2008: Readers Best Cheap Date (TIE: Home Slice Pizza, Alamo Drafthouse)
- 2006: Critics Best Italian Renaissance (Austin's Pizza and Gelato Explosion)
This pizza has some crispness and a little char on the bottom from the oven, but the slices are still flexible with some chewiness. The menu is small: a few signature pizzas such as a Margherita, a Hot Honey, and one with kale, plus weekly specials.
1502 S. First, 512/566-8321
While the ABGB remains a favorite South Austin pizza and pint hangout, with a large outdoor patio and rotation of on-premise signature brews, its inside stage has become a regular stop for local bands since opening in 2013. Its 270-person inside and laid-back, shared-table vibe provides excellent sound, generous floor space in front of the stage, and a casual, family-friendly atmosphere that can accommodate both fans of the bands or just the beer. The parking lot fills quickly.
1305 W. Oltorf, 512/298-2242
These hand-tossed pies are made in an indie neighborhood place so serious about New York-style pizza that the owners take the employees to the Big Apple to experience the real thing.
1415 S. Congress, 512/444-7437