1624 W. Fifth, 512/474-1222
Hours: Sun-Tue, 10am-10pm; Wed-Thu, 11am-11pm; Fri-Sat, 11am-12mid
The extensive menu at this longtime Austin favorite offers everything from breakfast tacos to late-night entrées. Don't miss the rollicking happy hour or the big TVs on the deck.
- 2015: Readers Best Sign
- 2008: Readers Best Sign
- 2007: Readers Best Sign
- 2006: Readers Best Sign (TIE: El Arroyo, Austin Motel)
- 2005: Readers Best Sign (TIE: Austin Motel, El Arroyo)
- 1999: Readers Best Storefront/Sign
- 1998: Readers Best Signage
- 1996: Readers Best Happy Hour Drinks
- 1995: Readers Best Happy Hour Drinks
- 1994: Readers Best Happy Hour Drinks
- 1994: Readers Best Caterer
- 1994: Critics Best Message From An Alternative Medium
Word got out that the burgers are divine, and soon we discovered a varied and plenty appetizer menu. Our mouths were too full of Parmesan fries to take it all in, but we know the Chicken-Fried Beef Tenderloin takes the sports bar menu to a new respectability. Never fear for thirst – the beer selection here is terrific.
1717 W. Sixth, 512/982-1550
The Tavern has been a popular watering hole and eatery and Austin's most tradition-packed venue for sports viewing for many decades. Not only is it open till 2am, it's also air-conditioned.
922 W. 12th, 512/320-8377
You'll be greeted by 32 hi-def screens and free wi-fi. Try the Philly cheesesteak rolls or the Quarter Pounder Dog – yikes.
1717 W. Sixth, 512/476-2273