East Side Show Room
1100 E. Sixth, Austin, 78702, 512/467-4280
Hours: Daily, 5pm-2am
It's been around for a few years, but still feels like a discovery. Look for menu items influenced heavily by locally-sourced ingredients. The fresh juice cocktails go down nicely in an atmosphere described as "silent movie house meets Speakeasy".
East Side Show Room may become a victim of its own popularity
Rachel Feit, January 28, 2010
- 2015: Readers Best Cocktails
- 2012: Readers Best Cocktail Menu (TIE: East Side Show Room, Peché)
- 2011: Critics Best Place To Re-Create 'Cabaret'
- 2011: Readers Best Cocktail Menu
- 2010: Readers Best Bar Ambience
- 2010: Readers Best Cocktail Menu
Creole cuisine from The "Queen of Rainey Street."
The anachronistic friendliness of the service welcomes, while the Breaux Bridge Benedict seals the deal at brunch. Exuberantly rouxed pork grillades over creamy grits may compete at midday, but at dinner the crawfish étouffée rules.
4827 E. Cesar Chavez, 512/531-9033