Bouldin Creek Cafe
1900 S. First, Austin, 78704, 512/416-1601
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 7am-12mid; Sat.-Sun., 8am-12mid
Pick up a book, play Battleship, and enjoy all your favorite coffee drinks along with some killer honey lemonade. They also have a great vegetarian menu.
Kate Thornberry, June 16, 2011
- 2016: Readers Best Vegan/Vegetarian
- 2014: Readers Best Vegan/Vegetarian Cafe
- 2013: Readers Best Vegan/Vegetarian (TIE: Counter Culture; Bouldin Creek Cafe)
- 2011: Critics Best Hot Staff (Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse)
- 2002: Critics Easiest Place to Talk to Strangers
- 2000: Critics Best South Austin Neighborhood Preservation
This place offers a variety of pastries and baked goods, as well as light lunch fare.
515 S. Congress #108, 512/448-3919
The goal here is to become entirely Fair Trade. The focus, however, is on coffee. The espresso especially draws the crowd. Have a Venezuelan roto with your java.
2210-I S. First, 512/444-2326
The wide selection of inexpensive pan dulces, empanadas, and galletas is available 24/7, just like the taqueria menu. Get the tres leches cake on your way out.
1924 S. First, 512/443-6369