Barton Creek Farmers Market
2901 Capital of TX Hwy. S., Austin, 78746, 512/280-1976
Hours: Saturdays, 9am-1pm
- 2010: Readers Best Farmers' Market
- 2010: Critics Best Example of Turning Lemons Into Lemonade (Farmers' Market Fracas)
- 2009: Critics Best Rotisserie Chicken (Country Grill at the Farmers' Markets)
- 2008: Readers Best Farmers' Market (Sunset Valley Farmers Market)
- 2007: Readers Best Farmers' Market (Sunset Valley Farmers Market)
- 2005: Critics Best Fresh Addition to South Austin (Sunset Valley Farmers Market)
- 2001: Critics Best Saturday Morning Shopping Experience
- 1998: Readers Best Open-air Market
You'll find a majority of American artisanal cheeses here.
4220 Duval St., 512/531-9610
The helves are stocked with cereals, snacks, and packaged foods – an array of items that ranges from umbrellas and toilet paper to JuiceLand beverages, eggs, milk, and ice cream. Honey and skin care products from BeeWeaver Apiaries of Dripping Springs are expected soon. A small wine selection and an impressive walk-in beer cooler, as well as a full complement of freshly made coffee beverages, make this friendly, upscale neighborhood convenience store a keeper.
1001 E. Sixth, 512/861-5022
Utilizing sour dough and King's Hawaiian Bread, these artisan grilled cheese sandwiches contain a range of elements such as aged cheese, spicy maple bacon sauce, organic peanut butter, apricot fig sauce, and smoked prosciutto.
1221 S. Congress Ave., 512/865-7730