501 W. Third, 512/476-9151
Ballet Austin offers a wide variety of dance classes throughout the week all year long. Workshops for the absolute beginner adult include Ballet, Modern, Classical Indian Dance, Samba, and Hula. Also, they have an ongoing series of VideoDance classes, based on songs by Janet Jackson, Rihanna, and more. See website for details.
Learn basic hip-hop dance moves featured in today’s popular music videos, including footwork, freezes, and more. No experience necessary. Jan. 17-Feb. 21. Thursdays, 6:15pm. $90.
The Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School (PBT School) invites advanced ballet students from the Austin area to audition for its five-week Intensive Summer Program, an immersive training experience designed for students pursuing careers in dance. Sat., Jan. 26, 5pm.
- 2015: Readers Best Dancer or Dance Company
- 2014: Readers Best Dancer or Dance Company
- 2013: Readers Best Dancer or Dance Company
- 2011: Critics Best Pas de Deux (Cookie Ruiz and Stephen Mills)
- 2009: Readers Best Dance Company
- 2008: Critics Best Fundraiser to Keep You on Your Toes (Ballet Austin's Annual Fete)
- 2008: Readers Best Dance Company
- 2007: Readers Best Dance Company (TIE: Tapestry, Ballet Austin)
- 2005: Readers Best Dance Company