501 W. Third, 512/476-9151
Ballet Austin offers a wide variety of dance classes throughout the week all year long. Workshops for the absolute beginner adult include Ballet, Modern, Classical Indian Dance, Samba, and Hula. Also, they have an ongoing series of VideoDance classes, based on songs by Janet Jackson, Rihanna, and more. See website for details.
For women recently diagnosed with breast cancer, recovering from surgery, or currently in ongoing treatment. Thursday session: Jan.9-March 12. Thursdays, 1-1:40pm; Sunday session: Jan. 19-March 22. Sundays, 1-1:40pm. Free.
- 2015: Readers Best Dancer or Dance Company
- 2014: Readers Best Dancer or Dance Company
- 2013: Readers Best Dancer or Dance Company
- 2011: Critics Best Pas de Deux (Cookie Ruiz and Stephen Mills)
- 2009: Readers Best Dance Company
- 2008: Critics Best Fundraiser to Keep You on Your Toes (Ballet Austin's Annual Fete)
- 2008: Readers Best Dance Company
- 2007: Readers Best Dance Company (TIE: Tapestry, Ballet Austin)
- 2005: Readers Best Dance Company