I Luv Video
4803 Airport, 512/450-1966
Having absorbed the inventory of the Guadalupe store following its 2015 closure, the two-story I Luv on Airport now bills itself the “oldest and biggest video store in the country.” It’s one of the friendliest, too: Patrons are encouraged to wander at leisure through the massive selection – and enjoying a cold one on Free Beer Tuesdays. Amnesty Days – that’s when they slash your late fees in half on the 1st and 15th of every month – further endear us to this Austin original.
- 2011: Readers Best DVD Rental/Purchase (TIE: I Luv Video; Vulcan Video)
- 2010: Readers Best DVD Selection (TIE: Vulcan Video; I Luv Video)
- 2000: Critics Best Resident Store Cat
- 1998: Critics Best Counter Intelligence
- 1996: Critics Best Point-of Purchase Marketing