1110 W. Sixth, Austin, 78703, 512/478-5355
Hours: Mon.-Thu., 11am-10pm; Fri., 11am-11pm; Sat., 10am-11pm; Sun., 10am-10pm
Every dish on the menu contains a surprise - some unique combination of ingredients that fills the time between ordering and the first bite with heavy anticipation, like blackberry wasabi sauce or pecan-butter pâté.
- 2008: Critics Best Community Asset Chef (Male) (Jack Gilmore of Z'Tejas)
- 2004: Critics Best Brake/Break (Local Eateries Serving Lunch to Road Crews on Sixth & Lamar)
- 2004: Readers Best Brunch Crowd (Z Tejas)
- 2001: Critics Best Way To Get Your Jalapeño On
- 1990: Critics Best Happy Hour
This casual eatery serves a small menu with an emphasis on marinated grilled meats with a variety of sauces and sides by chef Alma Alcocer-Thomas. The bar, serving more than 100 tequilas, is a great happy-hour spot.
507 Pressler, 512/436-8226