Spider House Patio Bar & Cafe
2908 Fruth, Austin, 78705, 512/480-9562
Hours: Daily, 7am-2am
This cozy North Campus bungalow provides coffees, juice, and a full bar, as well as an eclectic, vegetarian-friendly menu in a comfortably shabby atmosphere. The giant patio fills up quickly during finals.
- 2009: Critics Most Friendly Exit (Spider House)
- 2005: Critics Most Romantic Nerd Night Out (Tuesday Night Firefly at Spider House)
- 2004: Readers Best Teen Hangout (TIE: Barton Springs, Spiderhouse)
- 2003: Readers Best Coffehouse
- 2003: Critics Best Place to Play Chess
- 2002: Readers Best Coffeehouse
- 2001: Readers Best Casual Hangout
- 2001: Readers Best Coffeehouse
- 2000: Readers Best Casual Hangout
- 2000: Readers Best Coffeehouse
- 1999: Readers Best Place To Meet A Blind Date
- 1998: Readers Best Coffee House
This longtime UT Greek hangout in West Campus is best known as a watering hole but also serves salads, soups, wraps, and breakfast tacos all day.
2313 Rio Grande, 512/476-3201
Upscale, modern American cuisine in a lavish setting on the UT campus. Try one of the exquisite desserts or the tangy Benedicts.
1900 University Ave., 512/404-3655
An inviting selection of soups, salads, sandwiches, entrées, and side dishes awaits you. Eat in or take out.
104 E. 31st, 512/589-6063