2801 Guadalupe, Austin, 78705, 512/494-8226
Hours: Mon.-Thu., 7am-10pm; Fri., 7am-11pm; Sat., 8am-11pm; Sun., 8am-10pm
photo by John Anderson
The crowds gathering at all hours attest to the loyal following Torchy's has developed. Look for crowdpleasers like their fried avocado taco or inventive takes like the ahi-tuna-filled Mr. Pink. Make sure to try the breakfast menu too.
- 2017: Readers Best Cheap Date
- 2016: Readers Best Cheap Date
- 2015: Readers Best Tacos
- 2014: Readers Best Cheap Tacos
- 2014: Readers Best Cheap Date
- 2013: Readers Best Tacos (Torchy's)
- 2010: Readers Best Cheap Date
- 2008: Critics Most Seductive Queso
Making fresh tortillas right before your eyes, Changos offers great mahi tacos, al pastor, and massive burritos.
3023 Guadalupe, 512/480-8226
You pick the ingredients; it builds the burrito.
2230 Guadalupe, 512/320-0238
Theoretically, you could have Tex-Mex for breakfast, lunch, and dinner here. It's likely you'd get pretty darn lubricated too, what with all the 'rita specials.
1702 Lavaca, 512/477-7689