P. Terry's Burger Stand
404 S. Lamar, Austin, 78704, 512/473-2217
Hours: Mon.-Thu., 7am-1am; Fri., 7am-3am; Sat., 8am-3am; Sun., 8am-1am
Here you'll find burgers fashioned from hormone- and antibiotic-free Black Angus beef, Buddy's grilled chicken, fresh-cut fries, and milkshakes. Sit at a picnic table on the patio. Dogs get a free biscuit.
- 2017: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2015: Readers Best Cure for the Munchies (P. Terry's)
- 2009: Readers Best Cheap Date (P. Terry's)
- 2008: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2006: Critics Best Corner Revamp (Barton Springs Saloon/P.Terry's Burger Stand)
One of several burger outlets operated by Austin's hamburger king, Dan Junk, whose trademark has always been good, fresh food and friendly service.
4308 Manchaca, 512/443-6131
Burger-centric menu and a family-friendly atmosphere.
2901 S. Lamar, 512/707-8704
Free parking in back.
1100 S. Lamar #2100, 512/717-0430