Home Slice Pizza
501 E. 53rd, 512/707-7437
photo by John Anderson
Does Home Slice have the best pie in town? Chronicle readers certainly think so, regularly anointing Home Slice a "Best of Austin" winner. Their New York-style slices are served so big you have to fold them down the middle to eat.
The classic local hot spot serves up its New York-style slices on North Loop
Jessi Cape, August 9, 2018
Dine out with small humans without sacrificing quality or losing your mind
Melanie Haupt, Aug. 29, 2019
- 2019: Readers Pizza
- 2018: Critics Best Use of Hill Country (Home Slice (North Loop))
- 2017: Readers Best Pizza
- 2016: Readers Best Pizza
- 2015: Readers Best Pizza (TIE: Via 313; Home Slice)
- 2014: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice)
- 2013: Readers Best Pizza (Home Slice)
- 2011: Readers Best Cheap Date (Home Slice)
- 2008: Readers Best Cheap Date (TIE: Home Slice Pizza, Alamo Drafthouse)
- 2006: Critics Best Italian Renaissance (Austin's Pizza and Gelato Explosion)
Try this much-loved neighborhood spot's full complement of Mediterranean dishes prepared from family recipes or stick with safe choices – you'll find 25 flavors of wings and an interesting pizza selection.
6619 Airport, 512/419-0110
This local upstart takes aim at the big delivery chains by offering pizzas – with gourmet ingredients and good crust – for practically a steal.
5425 Burnet Rd., 512/982-6031
Second location of the elegant, obsessed-over Neapolitan-style pizzeria.
6555 Burnet Rd., 512/215-8662