- 2008: Readers Best Cocktails/Cocktail Menu (TIE: 219 West, Brown Bar)
- 2006: Critics Best Texified Tuna (Chicken-Fried Yellowfin Tuna at 219 West)
- 2006: Readers Best Bartender (TIE: Duc Dinh at 219 West, Emily at Elysium)
- 2006: Readers Best Cocktails/Cocktail Menu
- 2005: Readers Best Bartender (Duc Dihn at 219 West)
“Slow down and stay awhile” is the motto of this upscale diner. While a split-level bakeshop and beer garden may seem an unlikely pairing, the interplay among handcrafted breads, house-cured meats, and a lovingly curated beer menu is surprisingly successful.
709 E. Sixth, 512/614-4972
This restaurant features a wide range of local brews and Texas spirits, and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week.
500 E. Fourth, 512/682-2739
Executive Chef Mat Clouser, sous chef Zack Northcutt, and pastry chef Callie Speer are turning out impressive small plates loaded with flavor, with a variety of international influences and an emphasis on housemade everything. The bathrooms are faint-worthy.
315 Congress, 512/482-8842