SFC Farmers' Market Downtown
Fourth & Guadalupe, Austin, 78701, 512/236-0074
Hours: Sat., 9am-1pm; Music: 10-11:30am
Both this and Downtown Farmers' Market (growers'-only markets) are projects of the Sustainable Food Center, whose mission is "improve access to local, healthy and affordable food for children and adults in Central Texas." Food Stamps.
- 2011: Readers Best Farmers' Market (Sustainable Food Center Farmers' Market Downtown)
- 2010: Critics Best Example of Turning Lemons Into Lemonade (Farmers' Market Fracas)
- 2009: Readers Best Farmers' Market (Austin Farmers' Market, Downtown)
- 2009: Critics Best Rotisserie Chicken (Country Grill at the Farmers' Markets)
- 2007: Critics Best Midweek Mingling for Toddlers Into Localization and Sustainability (Austin Farmers' Market at the Triangle)
- 2006: Critics Best When Cutting the Cheese on a First Date Is OK (Austin Farmers' Market Downtown)
- 2004: Critics Best Reason to Wake Up Early on a Saturday Morning (Blooming Idiots)
- 2003: Critics Best Grocery Store Alternative
is on the street level of the Legacy condos, providing upscale groceries, local prepared foods, fresh pastries, and beer and wine during the day.
43 Rainey, 512/499-8696