P. Terry's Burger Stand
204 W. Ben White, 512/462-4998
Hours: Mon.-Thu., 7am-1am
- 2018: Readers Drive-Through
- 2017: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2015: Readers Best Cure for the Munchies (P. Terry's)
- 2009: Readers Best Cheap Date (P. Terry's)
- 2008: Readers Best Drive-Through (P. Terry's)
- 2006: Critics Best Corner Revamp (Barton Springs Saloon/P.Terry's Burger Stand)
Located in the South Congress hotel, this American eatery offers innovative takes on classics and globally-influenced fare. The playful pastry program is not to be missed.
1603 S. Congress, 512/942-2061
Located at the South Congress Hotel, the likably retro Central Standard is less devoted to making things new than to doing things well, excelling at thoroughly American hearty mains, proper salads, and a few well-composed but secondary sides.
1603 S. Congress, 512/942-0823
Fried chicken steeped in buttermilk for two days; and excellent risotto with forest mushrooms and spinach await you here.
1716 S. Congress, 512/582-1229