4200 N. Lamar #140, 512/916-4808
Hours: Sun.-Thu., 5-10pm; Fri.-Sat., 5-11pm
The James Beard Foundation found Uchiko chef and owner Tyson Cole worthy of its Best Chef award for the Southwest region; if that won't get you in the door, you're certifiable.
Chef Tyson Cole and company continue redefining 'revelatory' at Uchiko
Kate Thornberry, November 11, 2010
- 2015: Readers Best Date Restaurant (TIE: Uchiko; Justine's)
- 2014: Critics Best Chop (Citywide 86'd)
- 2013: Critics Best Way to Eat Your Brussels Sprouts (Uchiko's Lemon Chili Brussels Sprouts)
- 2013: Readers Best Restaurant Service
- 2012: Readers Best Place To Take a First Date
- 2012: Readers Best Intimate Dining
Find Korean fare as well as the traditional Japanese items and, of course, sushi, with a focus on taste as well as presentation.
7310 Burnet Rd., 512/458-3700
Well-executed Japanese home cooking. The lunch menu features some of the best deals in Austin, like the gorgeous sashimi lunch. The ramen is a treat, too. In 2017, the restaurant moved just down the street into bigger digs.
5301 Airport #100, 512/712-5700
California-based sushi chain ups the fun by rolling plates past your table via conveyor belt. Grab whatever looks good, or put in special request to the kitchen; we're particular fans of the tonkotsu ramen and the chicken karaage.
6929 Airport #125, 737/209-8799