Paggi Square

Paggi Square is a one-third acre "pocket park" at the center of a new development of 221 single-family homes, just east of the future Town Center district. Designed by Mueller master-planner McCann-Adams Studio, the square will feature a pétanque bowling court, as well as a grassy hillside and casual seating among Mexican sycamore trees and cedar elms. The square is named after Michael Paggi, who founded the Paggi Carriage Shop in 1875 at 421 E. Sixth Street. His Greek Revival plantation home became the Paggi House restaurant on Lee Barton Drive.