Austin's Best Food and Drink Events This Week
Dinner parties, farmer's markets, beer, wine, and more for the week of December 15, 2011
• Slow Food Austin hosts a beer and cheese tasting at (512) Brewing Company, 407 Radam: light snacks paired with beers and cheeses from Antonelli's Cheese Shop. $40 ($35 for members). Thursday, Dec. 15, 6:30-9pm.
• Pick up your preordered $25 holiday cupcake kit from the Cupcake Bar (www.cupcakebaraustin.com) at House Wine (408 Josephine) to get a fabulous gift-wrapped bottle of wine for $15 more. Friday, Dec. 16, 3pm-12mid.
• Zhi Tea Gallery (4607 Bolm Rd.) and Fat Turkey Chocolates present a tasting of four interesting teas paired with four distinctive chocolates. RSVP: 539-0717 or email@example.com. Saturday, Dec. 17, 4-6pm.
• Eleven Plates & Wine (3801 Capital of TX Hwy. N. Ste. C-200) presents a Bubbles and Big Red festival with tastes of 11 amazing sparklers and robust reds. $25 tickets at the restaurant or www.elevenplates.com. Saturday, Dec. 17, 2-5pm.
• Breed & Co. (3663 Bee Caves Rd.) hosts a holiday chocolate tasting with sweets from Delysia Chocolatier. Saturday, Dec. 17, 11am-1pm.
• This month's A Torrid Affair at Springdale Farm (755 Springdale Rd.) will feature a special holiday wild game dinner prepared by chef Matthew Taylor and pastry chef Jessica Armstrong of BC Tavern, paired with innovative cocktails from David Alan and Joe Eifler of Tipsy Texan. Benefits Dell Children's Medical Center and Sustainable Food Center. Tickets at www.atorridaffair.org. Monday, Dec. 19, 7pm.