• An organization called Eddie Eats Out has created national Dog Restaurant Week to spotlight dog-friendly restaurants around the country, including Snack Bar and Paggi House in Austin. See www.eddieeatsout.com, and make a date with Fido. Sept. 16-23.
• Sazón (1816 S. Lamar) celebrates five years in business with a party, including drink specials, free kids' meals, and live music on the patio in the evening all day on Saturday, Sept. 17.
• Opal Divine's commemorates National Talk Like a Pirate Day twice (!) as a benefit for the Breast Cancer Research Center of Texas. For a $10 donation at the door, enjoy pirate and wench costume contests and live music from the Jolly Garogers. Opal Divine's Freehouse (700 W. Sixth), Saturday Sept. 17, 9pm-12mid; and Opal Divine's Penn Field (3601 S. Congress), Monday, Sept. 19, 7-10pm.
• The wineries along Fredericksburg Wine Trail 290 (www.wineroad290.com) pair the Kiolbassa Provision Company of San Antonio and several Hill Country restaurants for Kiolbassa & Kabernet. Sample a different sausage dish paired with a distinctive Hill Country Cabernet at each winery. Saturday, Sept. 17, 10am-6pm.
• Chef Paul Petersen presents a multicourse dinner paired with California wines at Vivo's Lake Creek location (12233 RR 620 N.). $85 per person; make necessary reservations at 331-4660. Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to email@example.com