• The Austin Food Blogger Alliance and the Alamo Drafthouse host a Pie Love fundraiser for SafePlace with a screening of the movie Waitress. Pecan pie by Michael Chu will be on the menu, and whole pies from various local bakers will be on sale for donations. Buy tickets at www.drafthouse.com. Sunday, Aug. 21, 1pm.
• Experienced brewers and beer aficionados will appreciate the Brewing and Flavor Analysis 201 class presented by Jeff Young and Jon Airheart at Black Star Co-op (7020 Easy Wind). $20 for members; $25, nonmembers. RSVP with name and email to email@example.com. Sunday, Aug. 21, 2-5pm.
• The annual La Piazza Italiana takes place on the tree-shaded grounds of Laguna Gloria (3809 W. 35th) with Italian cars, scooters, and motorcycles, food and drinks, plus music, dancing, arts & crafts, and kids' activities. $10 per person; kids under 12 get in free. Sunday, Aug. 21, 4-9pm.
• Chuy's Green Chile Festival presents 10 new Hatch chile-inspired menu items, two hip new cocktails, cool giveaways, and limited edition T-shirts and Super Pepper children's capes on sale at all five area locations. Monday, Aug. 22, through Sept. 11.
• The summer chef series at Olivia (2043 S. Lamar) concludes with a multicourse Pan-Asian feast by chefs James Holmes and Andrew Francisco. $85 with wine; make necessary reservations at 804-2700. Monday, Aug. 22, 6:30pm.
• La Sombra Bar & Grill (4800 Burnet Rd.) hosts a six-course dinner with Intipalka wines from the Valley of the Sun in Ica, Peru. $65, all-inclusive; make necessary reservations at www.winefoodfoundation.org. Wednesday, Aug. 24, 7pm.
• BookPeople (600 N. Lamar) hosts a launch party for The Casserole Queens Cookbook with authors Crystal Cook and Sandy Pollock in heels, aprons, and pearls. Enjoy "Idea-Generating" margaritas donated by Republic Tequila. Thursday, Aug. 25, 7pm.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org