• The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts presents a webinar on trends in food, culture, and health with chef Ken Rubin. Register at www.naturalepicurean.com/webinars. Friday, Aug. 12, 1-1:45pm.
• Sagra Trattoria (1610 San Antonio St.) partners with Langston Market to present a fashion brunch. Enjoy $6 bottomless mimosas and Bloody Marys while models stroll in fall couture. $24; make necessary reservations at 535-5988. Saturday, Aug. 13, noon.
• Chef du Cinema Ron Deutsch presents a Jamaican meal paired with 1972 cult classic The Harder They Come at the Central Market Cooking School (4001 N. Lamar). $45; make necessary reservations at 206-1014. Saturday, Aug. 13, 6:30pm.
• parkside (301 E. Sixth) hosts a multicourse dinner paired with wines from Daedalus Cellars of Oregon. $90 all inclusive; make necessary reservations at www.daedaluswinedinner.eventbrite.com. Monday, Aug. 15, 7pm.
• Jack Allen's Kitchen (7720 Hwy. 71 W.) hosts a multicourse dinner paired with craft beers from Austin's Independence Brewing Co. in the private dining room. $45 per person; make necessary reservations at 745-4713. Tuesday, Aug. 16, 7pm.
• Santa Rita Cantina (5900 W. Slaughter) hosts Housewives of South Austin, a happy hour party to benefit Austin Partners in Education. Donate school supplies and enjoy live music, half-price appetizers, and $3 house margaritas and El Jimador Tequila drink specials. Thursday, Aug. 18, 7-9pm.