• Enjoy the grand opening festivities at Pilot Knob Vineyard (312 CR 212 near Bertram) with tastings, tours, live music, snacks, and games. Saturday, July 23, 11am-6pm.
• Austin arts and culture group ILoveMikeLitt hosts a Mixed Economy bar crawl from the Volstead Lounge (1500 E. Sixth) to Yellow Jacket Social Club (1704 E. Fifth) to Cheer Up Charlie's (1104 E. Sixth), complete with drink recipe cards and discussions of free market economics. Saturday, July 23, 10pm-2am.
• Austin restaurants participating in the Texas Department of Agriculture's Go Texan marketing program will present special menu items made with Texas products and pair dishes with Texas wines during the 2011 Go Texan Restaurant Round-Up. Find details at www.gotexanrestaurantroundup.com. Monday-Sunday, July 25-31.
• Haddingtons (601 W. Sixth) offers a five-course dinner and one-of-a-kind beer and cheese pairing event with craft brews from North Coast Brewing Co. and cheeses selected by Whole Foods global cheese expert Cathy Strange. $65 per person; make necessary reservations at 992-0204. Monday, July 25, 7pm.
• La Sombra Bar & Grill (4800 Burnet Rd.) hosts a first anniversary party with regular dinner hours and music from Cienfuegos until 10pm, Pisco Portón drink specials all evening, and special treats from chef Julio-Cesar Florez after hours. Thursday, July 28, 7pm-12mid.
• Enjoy an exhibit of Herman Miller's midcentury home decor paired with Fifties cocktails from Tipsy Texan David Alan at Cold War, Cold Cocktails at the Austin Museum of Art (823 Congress). Thursday, July 28, 7-8:30pm. $15, public; $10, AMOA members.
Sign up for the Chronicle Cooking newsletter
If you want to submit a recipe, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org