June 24-July 1
• Johnson's Backyard Garden hosts a Tomato Workshop with Dai Due chef Jesse Griffiths at its new River Road farm property 10 miles east of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. $30 tickets (www.jbgorganic.com/workshop) cover the cost of the class as well as 10 pounds of heirloom tomatoes. Sunday, June 26, 10am-noon.
• Tribeza's Summer Solstice Chef's Table Series takes place at several restaurants around town with menus designed to showcase the bounty of the international summer harvest. See www.tribeza.com for locations, menus, times, and varying ticket prices. Monday-Wednesday, June 27-29.
• Master sommelier Guy Stout offers pairings of elite wines from Bordeaux with casual fare in a Burgers & Bordeaux class at Central Market Cooking School, 4001 N. Lamar, 206-1014. $60 per person. Tuesday, June 28, 6:30-9pm.
• The W Hotel (200 Lavaca) now features a Social Interactive Playtime menu including $5 appetizers as well as cocktails from new libationist Joe Thompson in its popular Living Room lounge, as well as in the Trace bar and patio. All day Mondays; after 5pm the rest of the week.
• Kerbey Lane Cafe (five locations, www.kerbeylanecafe.com) has moved its annual Can and Cookie Drive to benefit the Capital Area Food Bank to the month of July, because hunger doesn't take a vacation. Customers who wish to contribute can donate canned goods in exchange for discounts on meals – two canned goods earn you $1 off each check, with a $5 maximum. Sales of homemade cookies will also benefit the project, beginning Friday, July 1.