• The Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts (1700 S. Lamar) hosts the More Plants on Your Plate weekend seminar with David Briscoe. $245 for the full weekend; see day prices at www.naturalepicurean.com. Friday-Sunday, June 17-19.
• Mix: Celebrate Texas Cocktails at the Texas Federation of Women's Clubs Mansion (2312 San Gabriel) has local mixologists preparing cocktails with Texas spirits. $50 in advance at www.mixaustin.net or $60 at the door. Friday, June 17, 9pm-12mid.
• Jester King Craft Brewery (13005 Fitzhugh, Bldg. B) and Young Faces of ALS host a benefit Cornhole Challenge tournament with a tailgate bag-toss along with beer tastings, food trucks, prizes, and raffle items. All proceeds benefit amyotrophic lateral sclerosis research. $50 single entry; $100 for teams; $25 suggested donation to attend. www.jesterkingbrewery.com. Saturday, June 18, 11am.
• The Theater Action Project hosts its annual Summer Pageant in the Park celebrating How Our Food Grows. Elementary school students will gather at Republic Square Park (Fourth & Guadalupe) at 11am for a Grand Procession of the Seasons with handmade puppets. Saturday, June 18, 11am.
• Casa Chapala (101 San Jacinto) and the Tequila Society of Austin host the first Austin Tequila Taste-Off with an appetizer buffet and a raffle to benefit the Austin Children's Shelter. Tickets are $20 at www.casachapala.com or $25 at the door. Saturday, June 18, 6-8pm.
• Savory Spice Shop (1201-B W. Sixth) teams with LiveMom.com to offer Savory Kids cooking classes for kids ages 7-12 with an adult. $6; register at 524-1093 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mondays, June 20 & 27, 10:30am-noon.