• Celebrate the fifth anniversary of Green Gate Farms (www.greengatefarms.net) and help raise money for its educational nonprofit New Farm Institute at a Hootenanny at the new Green Gate River Farm, just 18 miles east of the original farm at 8310 Canoga. $10 for adults, $5 for kids. Saturday, June 4, 3pm.
• Cafe Mundi (801 Tillery) returns with a coffee truck and a grand opening party with live music, coffee drinks, local food, washer-pitching, and more. Saturday, June 4, 5-9pm.
• Fino (2905 San Gabriel) hosts a booksigning and dinner for Hank Shaw, author of Hunt, Gather, Cook: Finding the Forgotten Feast, with dishes from the book. Dinner is $50 per person, $80 with wine pairings, and books are $20. Make necessary reservations at 474-2905. Sunday, June 5: cocktails and booksigning at 6pm, dinner at 6:45pm.
• Kerbey Lane Cafe hosts an Urban Farm Open House to benefit the Sustainable Food Center at Springdale Farm (755 Springdale Rd.). Enjoy a four-course meal with beer, wine, and prizes. $30 tickets available at www.kerbeylanecafe.com. Tuesday, June 7, 6:30-9:30pm.
• Cafe Josie (1200-B W. Sixth) continues the monthly Wine Me Dine Me dinner series with a four-course meal paired with wines from the Napa and Sonoma valleys. $69, all inclusive. Reservations necessary: 322-9226. Tuesday, June 7, 6pm.
• The summer Come & Taste It complimentary wine tasting series at the Grapevine Texas Wine Bar in the Gruene Historic District will feature a different Texas winery every Thursday, now through Aug. 18. 5-8pm.